Friday, July 4, 2008

Peace & Love

Ringo Starr was recently asked what he hoped to receive for his upcoming birthday (July 7th). Ringo's answer was unconventional, he said, "just more Peace & Love."

Then he expanded his wish further, "it would be really cool if everyone, everywhere, wherever they are, at noon on July 7 make the peace sign and say "Peace & Love."

Wherever you are in the world, join him in making the peace sign and saying, singing, shouting, whispering, signing, writing or quietly thinking one message: "Peace & Love."

(Image taken from here.)

I think of this as I think of a friend here in the Philippines who was stabbed a few days ago in his home by someone he thought to be his friend.

I think of it as people rudely and recklessly drive the streets of metro Manila.

I think of it as I think of so-called "Christian" conservative groups who have wasted time, talent, energy, and billions of dollars for decades attempting to keep interracial couples from marrying, gays from marrying, women from equality, children from being adopted because the adoptive parents are unmarried or single, preventing contraceptive use (thus, promoting disease, hunger and overpopulation).

I think of it as I hear the most rude chismis (gossip) about others here and abroad, spread not just by people over coffee, bloggers and other internet site writers, but even by television news people. (read: every on-air personality on Fox, several at MSNBC, and a couple at CNN)

I think about it when I say it to others, type it as a closing to an email, instant or text message.

I'm thinking it now. Be sure to think about it on Monday.

Peace & Love to you and yours.

No comments: