Saturday, November 10, 2007

Is It Just Me?

Short musing from yesterday...OK, more like a bitching than a musing, actually.

I arrived back at the condo in a torrential downpour. There is a very short flight of steps up to the building from the side I was entering.

Standing at the top of said flight of steps were a dozen people sheltering themselves from the rain, blocking the top of the stairs. There is plenty of space behind them closer to the building where easily another four dozen people could stand.

Do you think any of them moved aside for me to pass as they watched me approach from the street and then come up the stairs?

(That was a rhetorical question.)

Do you think they were upset as they got really wet from the rain running off my umbrella?

Yes they were. Upset with me for wanting to enter my own home without walking around the block to enter someplace more convenient for them.

Serves them right for being too stupid to move aside when they see a wet umbrella headed their way.

Just had to get that out of my system.

The rest of the day went really well, though!

In the morning, my friend Allan came by to practice new massage techniques he'd learned on me and we had his new business cards made that I designed. He got them back from the printers a few hours later and said the cards were "awesome".

The people at Pixel Point in Glorietta, where I do all my photo printing really appreciated that I am one of the few customers they have that labels folders according to what size print I want. Makes their job easier. Of course, after the bombing (which was not a bombing, according to the government, but everybody knows otherwise) their business, like all the other tenants, has dropped significantly. So, they might actually need something to complicate their lives just to make the day more interesting, don't you think? Maybe I should demand odd sizes next time I print....no, then I'd be too much like those people at the top of the stairs.

No comments: