Friday, May 22, 2009

Visitor

Some of you may have seen my business card or seen the picture on it in my website, www.jayplogman.com

Whether you did or not, here is what it looks like:

Many, many, many people thought that was me and that I am Filipino. (Nothing could be further off than that...I have 3/4 Irish and 1/4 German ancestry, and they all migrated to America in the nineteenth century.)

The very handsome face you see in the image above belongs to John San Juan, a wonderful guy from NYC, and he came to visit the Philippines last week, giving us the chance to see each other for the first time since our shoot back in October of 2006. (This should end the confusion and quash any delusions I may have had that I could say we are twins!) We only had a few precious hours in Greenbelt to spend together, but it was time very well spent. Reunions from such great distances don't happen very often, and it is important to make the most of them.

Were it not for my hectic shoot schedule, I would have found time for another session with John, as he's even better built now than he was three years ago. (Well, so am I, not that it shows....hahaha!)

No comments: