Monday, January 28, 2008

A "Dimly Lit" Update

Jot in Earle's Deli had a hard time with my name the other day.

Of course, he had the noise of six co-workers, a radio playing, and a table of eight Germans to contend with; but at least he had an interesting take on my name.

He heard Che, as in Che Guevara.

Cool! A little too ethnic for one so pale as myself, though.

Then he thought it was Shay.

That's either a girl's name or a type of locomotive.

Don't know how I feel about that one.

As one reader pointed out in my Dimly Lit post, the GBC at the burger place shouldn't have had a hard time with my name as it is a very common name in the Philippines, with several actors being named Jay as well.

But I feel for the guy at Earle's Deli.

His name (again) is Jot.

And I thought people have a tough time with mine!

No comments: