Monday, June 9, 2008

Receipts

We all receive receipts when we buy anything, but how many of us read them?

We may give them a cursory glance to be sure of the total being correct, but what of the rest of the information?

Well, on a couple of instances where I've been eating alone or just out and about by myself (Yes, I do go around alone without Edson, and I realize that news is sending shrieks of horror through many I know who may be reading this.) I've read the receipts and found some to be interesting.

Here's a couple of the better ones:

As we all know, convenience stores are convenient, but that convenience comes at a price. A high price! Here we can see who it is that is gouging us here in the Columns:

So, aside from being awfully dangerous drivers, nuns also charge an extra Php10 for a bottle of tea than SM does down the street!

So much for the religious!

And this just seems to strike me the wrong way:

In a country where banks and office buildings have signs on the doors reminding people to leave their firearms outside with the guards we can also have our weapons upgraded at the Japanese fast-food restaurant! I'm sure it has something to do with a computer role-playing game, but that doesn't make this look any less odd to me.

No comments: